Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flat roof problem

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Drogo_Baggins1
517 Views, 2 Replies

Flat roof problem

I am creating a plan of an existing flat roof.  The building is rectangular but has a large notch on one long side so the plan is kind of u-shaped.  The slope is to the center with a single valley.  When I put a split line down the middle it creates plans and valleys to the sides of the notch.  How can I eliminate these planes? The entire north half slopes to the center.  When I set the sides to "define slope" I get "slab edit failed" message. 

Note, the south hatched section is a mansard style clay tile roof.  There are parapets at the corners that wrap into the roof.  How to I notch the sloped roof?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
LisaDrago
in reply to: Drogo_Baggins1

Hello - is the attached image what you are looking for?

LD

If this helped solve your issue - remember to 'accept as solution' to help other find answers!
You can't think AutoCAD and run Revit.
Email: LisaDragoEE@gmail.com
Message 3 of 3
Drogo_Baggins1
in reply to: LisaDrago

No.  I did achieve the look I need by changing several lines "invisible".  See attached plan and difference to my original. 

This will be acceptable for my roof repair project but the extra planes are still there and if/when I need to create building sections or details the roof is incorrectly created and will cause problems.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report