Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find/Highlight object in linked model

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
dtiemeyer
1685 Views, 3 Replies

Find/Highlight object in linked model

I have linked a food service RVT model that has 1000+ pieces of specialty equipment. I've copy/pasted the tags from their file to mine. Now I want to be able to type in a tag number and have revit 'zoom to it'. Or I'd like to be able to make a schedule and use 'Highlight' option - but nothing seems to work because the elements are in a linked file. Does anybody have a suggestion?

My other CAD is a Cadillac and I like to Revit to the Max!
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
LisaDrago
in reply to: dtiemeyer

First lets start with what version you are using?

You can schedule elements from linked models. For '13 - here is a Wiki help: Schedule Linked

If you are in '14 - here is the Wiki help. Schedule Link

LD

If this helped solve your issue - remember to 'accept as solution' to help other find answers!
You can't think AutoCAD and run Revit.
Email: LisaDragoEE@gmail.com
Message 3 of 4
dtiemeyer
in reply to: LisaDrago

HI, yes, you can schedule elements from linked files, but I specifically need the 'HIGHLIGHT' option to work, and that part is not working when the schedule is referencing linked file(s).

RMEP 2013 w/all SPs

Dustin
My other CAD is a Cadillac and I like to Revit to the Max!
Message 4 of 4
sherry
in reply to: dtiemeyer

Hi,

I'm having this issue when I try to filter out flex duct. The objective is to find flex duct that is longer than the spec requires and highlight in the model so we can change it. I've scheduled it but can't navigate to it since its linked in...

Any solutions to this?

Thanks,

S2A

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report