Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Filters in Schedules - Using 'OR' in lieu of 'AND' (How would you do it?)

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
damo3
481 Views, 3 Replies

Filters in Schedules - Using 'OR' in lieu of 'AND' (How would you do it?)

Hi All,

Found only a couple of posts on this, neither with much response, which could be an indicator, but here goes.

I am scheduling rooms by room numbers. We have used numeric and alphabetic system such as : 101A, 102A, 103B, 104C. number self explanatory, the letter indicating building zone.

I want my schedule to only display room numbers with A or B in them. How do I filter this? It seems I only have 'AND' at my disposal, when what I really need is 'OR'. That way I could say contains 'A' 'OR' contains 'B'... ....How would you go about filtering this?

One post suggested using the 'does not contain', but how do i tell a filter does not contain C to Z....

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

________________________________________________________________________________
If you find posts have solved your problem, please don't forget to mark them as 'SOLVED' to help others with similar questions. - Thank you.
__________________________________________________________________________________
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
constantin.stroescu
in reply to: damo3

Just an idea.... What about adding an extra field , let's say Department or Comments on which to group the rooms by a desired pattern .This new made field can then be hidden > Formatting > check Hidden Field. This Field even it is not visible in Schedule will drive the table as wanted.....

Constantin Stroescu
BIM Manager AGD

Your Name

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
Alisder.Brown
in reply to: damo3

damo3

I can relate, im not too fond of only having the "AND" option

Done a quick demo of what you explained, you can set two filters for what you are looking for;

"Parameter name" "is greater than or equal to" "A"

AND

"Parameter name" "is less tan or equal to" "B"

leters work the same as number here.

This will display, essentially, all room numbers with letters from A-B

Hope this helps

Alisder Brown
Senior BIM Coordinator
Scotland, UK

Message 4 of 4
damo3
in reply to: Alisder.Brown

hmmm... Close Alisder, that was the type of solution i was hoping for... except... It is not quite working for me.

I have >/= 100a AND </= 150b. 

however the filter appears to be ignoring the letter, because rooms such as 103c are included. However if i change the room number to 151c, then it removes it self. 

refinements? I've played around but can't get it to accept the letter.. 

________________________________________________________________________________
If you find posts have solved your problem, please don't forget to mark them as 'SOLVED' to help others with similar questions. - Thank you.
__________________________________________________________________________________

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report