Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Filtering a Multi-Category Scheudle

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
aangle
399 Views, 2 Replies

Filtering a Multi-Category Scheudle

I have a Multi-Category Schedule and using certain fields it shows me Furniture, Toilet Assoc., Plumbing Fixturers, etc. All I want the Schedule to show is Furniture and Furniture Systems together in one schedule.  When going to the Filter I choose Category>Equals>Furniture Systems and Category>Equals>Furniture.  Assuming that the schdule would filter out everything else and only show items from the Furniture Systems Category and the Furniture Category.  Instead it shows me nothing, eveything disappears.  Its as if it is looking for a Catgory that is botn Furnitue Sysems and Furiture as one.  I can do each Category individualy and its fine but I can't Filter by both?  How can I get this scheudle to just show me Furniture and Funiture Systems?  Or, what am I doiong wrong?  Or is their an update to correct a bug in the software that will fix this?

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
CoreyDaun
in reply to: aangle

All of the conditions are related by an "AND" operator, not an "OR". This means that by the conditions you have defined, an element would have to belong to both the Furniture Category AND and the Furniture Systems Category at the same time, which is impossible and why your Schedule is blank. Instead, set your Filter Rules to match the image below.

FilterByCategories.JPG

In case the image above is not available, there are two Filter Rules set; both are set to filter by Category, but one is set to "is greater than or equal to" "Furniture", and the other is set to "is less than or equal to" "Furniture Systems".

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 3
aangle
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Thanks so much, I knew it was somethng stupid easy like that!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report