Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Filled Region visibility control in Title Block Family

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
parveensharma2130
4581 Views, 7 Replies

Filled Region visibility control in Title Block Family

When we draw filled region in revit project one above another (assume that both are solid fill), We can controll the visibility by send to back and bring to front option.

But this send to back and bring to front option is not available in family editor.
I am creating a new title block family. Drawn two filled region (one above another and both are solid filled), They looks right in family but are wrong when loaded into project.
See attached image
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

why do the filled regions need to actually overlap? couldn't you simply edit the regions to create the desired effect?

- Alex
Message 3 of 8

Parveen,

It appears that whatever you draw first ends up on top, even though it doesn't look that way in the family.

Select the object you want to go to the back, Modify > Paste Aligned > Same Place.

Since there is only one work plane in a titleblock family, the only way I see to get your black object to the background is to cut it and paste it to the same place.

In 3D families, I would draw a reference plane in Elevation above Z=0 and place all the regions I wanted above on that ref planes by either setting it before I start drawing or selecting the object and picking the button from the Modify tab to "edit work plane."

In this case, though, I would agree with Alex-just edit the black filled region to have a void where the colors cross it. You can have multiple closed polygons in a filled region. See Sketch which illustrates drawing the 4 polygons in sketch mode of the filled region command. You can use reference lines to set the boundaries you want but Revit will also snap/track to all lines drawn in the family.

Josh Sidde
The Freelon Group
www.freelon.com
Message 4 of 8
niknik5566
in reply to: rkitect28

Hi Guys,

I have a problem with filled regions in titleblock family. I created filled regions with different colors for my legends but every time I export the sheet with those legends the color of the titleblock family is the same with the filled regions and everything inside the titleblock family. Yes, Why didn't I use the Legends in the Project Browser, it's because I want to use that specific titleblock family into different projects using the same legends without copying them from one project into another using copy to clipboard,etc. I also checked the layers when exporting, the titleblock has only 1 layer which corresponds to a certain color of your choice. I just want to make filled regions that retain its color even when exported to CAD.

see the attached photos for the filled regions in titleblock family where there are still different in colors compared to the exported sheet having one color which is the default color magenta.

Thanks.

1111.JPG22222.JPG

Message 5 of 8
italonge

@rkitect28 I'm having the same problem

I've created a new window tag, and it was working till I drew a line:

ANOTA.jpg

And the same tag inserted in the project:

PROJETOP.jpg

The line is gone! Someone today know what it could be?

Message 6 of 8
ToanDN
in reply to: italonge

Draw Order went awry?  Don't waste time figuring it out.  Just draw two masking regions instead of one.

Message 7 of 8
serrano-piche

This does not work.

Message 8 of 8
italonge
in reply to: italonge

Well, this is not the main problem soluction, but how I've made the post above, I think it would be nice to show my soluction (who knows it can help someone in a similiar problem?)

I made a tag with filled regions and no line. Maybe the step by step shows it better:

First the labels:

01.jpg

And Start to draw the region:

04.jpg

And the secret was change the line edge to invisible lines... 

03.jpg

Then, just use a mirror and ajust the region size

05.jpg

Now, it placed in a project:

06.jpg

That's it!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report