Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File Size

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
berniebooc
351 Views, 5 Replies

File Size

Please help me to solve my problem..i made a 2 storey hospital building using revit architecture. but why is it that the file size is 200mb? i used the command PURGE UNUSED already for so many times but still the size is so huge.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

• you can try to erase the unnecessary views
  • do not save rendering in the the project - export it..
  • avoid overmodeling if it is not necessary...some overmodeling can be replaced by a 2d (in sections) or by applyng material maping.
  • use WORKSETS even if you are not working in a team
  • work with LINK FILES ....the terrain and all the exterior facilities in one file....differnt bodies of buldings in separate fiels ...and all linked together...

Constantin Stroescu

EESignature

Message 3 of 6

okay. this is a great help for me sir but after applying your suggestion to my project, the file size reduces to only about 10mb.right now my file size is still 203mb from 214 mb.i deleted already all my  rendering views and left only 1 3d view.

Message 4 of 6

see if you haven"t unecessary  imported or linked  CAD files......

About the Worksets as an instrument of working witjh smaller files , maybe this will help: http://www.aecbytes.com/tipsandtricks/2010/issue53-revit.html

and for a general overview on this problem, see:

http://www.dccadd.com/papers/Best%20Practices%20for%20Revit%20Model%20Management.pdf

Constantin Stroescu

EESignature

Message 5 of 6

sir, i haven't used any link files for this project and besides the building is still empty.

Message 6 of 6
bimandict
in reply to: berniebooc

Hi,

What is the size of your template file?

Regards,

Jimi Clarke

BIM Manager - London
Microsoft Cloud Services Partner

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report