Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Family type drop down list

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
811 Views, 2 Replies

Family type drop down list

Hi,

I would like to add different materials in Family type window (value column drop down).How to attain this?

How to create/use shared parameters for linking datas through .txt file?

If possible replay with images,that will be useful to understand.

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Bob_Zurunkle
in reply to: Anonymous

You must create an Instance Parameter for materials, in the family itself, then reload the family into your project. If done properly, you can override the default property in the Properties browser.

If by some odd chance my nattering was useful -- that's great, glad to help. But if it actually solved your issue, then please mark my solution as accepted 🙂
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Bob_Zurunkle

Could you explain the steps briefly

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the addressee. If you have received this email in error please notify the system manager. Subject to local law, communications (including traffic data) with Hubbell may be monitored by our systems [or a third party's systems on our behalf] for the purposes of security and the assessment of internal compliance with Hubbell policies. This footnote also confirms that this email message has been swept for the presence of computer viruses.
www.Hubbell.com - Hubbell Incorporated

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report