Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Family shared components masked in Electrical Discipline

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
RevitArkitek
326 Views, 1 Reply

Family shared components masked in Electrical Discipline

Hello.  I've created a family that represents a poke-through with nested, shared families for different components.  Everything visible in plan is made with Symbolic lines instead of Generic Annotations.  The reasons being too numerous to explain here.

The problem I'm running into is that the family looks fine when the View Discipline is set to Architectural but when set to Electrical (1/8" scale in both) part of the shared components begin to get masked.  I cannot figure out why they are behaving this way, except that some of the lines are creating some sort of masking area in the Electrical discipline.  When the nested families are not shared the component looks fine in both disciplines.  I've attached images and the family for you to try.  Thanks.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
RevitArkitek
in reply to: RevitArkitek

I figured out the problem.  The nested symbol family was overlapping another nested family for the 3D geometry of the poke-thru.  When I offset the symbol family up enough to not overlap the geometry then the masking effect went away.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report