Revit Architecture

BIMGrl
Message 1 of 4 (234 Views)

Family Issues in Revit 2014

234 Views, 3 Replies
01-29-2014 06:57 AM

I am having a couple of issues with my families in a project that has a floor plan that is a linked file.  I have face-baced families.  When placed on a wall (linked file wall) in the plan view, I can see the family item but cannot select it by clicking on it.  I can drag & highlight the item, but then I also select the linked file.  I know I can change my preferences to not select linked files, which I have done, but I still do not have the availability to simply click and select a family item...why?

I also cannot see these same family items in a section view, or 3D view; only in plan view.  The browser doesn't recognize that there are items in the view either (section view), as I do not have an option to select the family items in that view-only to select them in the entire project.

Help!

*Expert Elite*
CADastrophe
Message 2 of 4 (199 Views)

Re: Family Issues in Revit 2014

01-30-2014 06:57 AM in reply to: BIMGrl

Hello and welcome to the Discussion Groups!

It's difficult to determine the cause of this issue from the information given - would you be able to reproduce this issue in a new Project file and then post that sample here?

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
BIMGrl
Message 3 of 4 (193 Views)

01-30-2014 08:26 AM in reply to: BIMGrl

See attachements.  I took a screenshot of my file showing my family (it's an intercom symbol) and then showing the section that doesn't show the family.  That is the issue I am most concerned with.  It also will not show in a 3D view.

Thanks!

*Expert Elite*
CADastrophe
Message 4 of 4 (182 Views)

01-30-2014 10:37 AM in reply to: BIMGrl

I'm guessing without being able to investigate the Family files, but is it a matter of Detail Level? Perhaps the extrusions in the Family are set to be hidden under Detail Level: Coarse.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Revit Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Revit helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Revit

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Youtube