Revit Architecture

*Eugene N. Kilmer
Message 1 of 2 (47 Views)

Family Frustrations

47 Views, 1 Replies
04-29-2004 11:13 AM
I realize families are powerful things, but sometimes they are incredibly frustrating. For instance, can anyone tell me why a truss I created works fine when I flex it inside its own file, but the same truss fails when I similarly flex it after I've loaded it into the project wherein I want to use it? How can you fix something that is only occasionally broken? Why should the family work fine except when I actually use it?
*Scott Davis
Message 2 of 2 (47 Views)

Re: Family Frustrations

04-29-2004 11:23 AM in reply to: *Eugene N. Kilmer
I would send your family file to Revit support, or post it to www.zoogdesign.com/forums where someone will be able to help you figure it out. When you load it into a project and use it, how does it fail? does the geometry fall apart, or are you getting an error message and it wont work at all? "Eugene N. Kilmer" wrote in message news:4091447b$1_1@newsprd01... > I realize families are powerful things, but sometimes they are incredibly > frustrating. For instance, can anyone tell me why a truss I created works > fine when I flex it inside its own file, but the same truss fails when I > similarly flex it after I've loaded it into the project wherein I want to > use it? How can you fix something that is only occasionally broken? Why > should the family work fine except when I actually use it? > >

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Revit Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Revit helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Revit

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Youtube