Revit Architecture

NaderAzem2534
Message 1 of 2 (160 Views)

Family Browser

160 Views, 1 Replies
11-26-2012 10:49 PM

hi,

When i am using smart browser for revit families there is xml file to be used can i know where i will get these files or how can i create them.

Thanks 

Product Support
lanl
Message 2 of 2 (112 Views)

Re: Family Browser

11-29-2012 06:45 PM in reply to: NaderAzem2534

Hi NaderAzem2534

The xml file is created automatically when you click Start button in the Browser Options dialog.

Below is a basic step to use the smart browser tool:

1.       Under T4R Create/Modify tab- -Smart Browser- -Browser Options
2.       Set the “Add New Families Folder from your computer or server” where your family files located
3.       Click Start button in this dialog.

Then the xml file and family preview PNG file (also DWF file) will be created automatically. This generated xml file get all the information of the families (types, parameter names, parameter values, category, host type etc.)

Below is a FAQ document for this smart browser tool:

If you have more questions about this tool, you can contact at support@tools4revit.com

Thanks. 

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Lei Lan
Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.