Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Families not loading

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
385 Views, 2 Replies

Families not loading

Here is my issue, which I am seeking help , to get my Revit 2014 operational and to learn the programme properly.

This is what I have done in chorological order:

Select Educational Community - Software for Students

Free Software

Choosing from an array of Software's I notice blue large R icons. These include;

Revit - BIM tools for Architectural design, MEP, and Structural Engineering.

Revit Architecture - Building Systems design and Analysis software.

Revit MEP - Integrated design, analysis and documentation tools for BIM.

Revit Structure - Structural design analysis software.

As I am studying Revit Architecture, I select this heading which brings a new page. This asks the question - "Looking for the 2013 version or later"? - Download here.

To this I select Download here.

I then sign in to the system and give my email and thereafter I choose the following within the boxes provided.

Version: 2014

Language: English
Operating System:  Windows. My windows is Windows 7.

immediately, I receive my Serial number and Product KEY number.

I then commence downloading which shows that I am downloading Revit 2014.

Here is the crunch million $ question?

When complete downloading, I then open up the system and I find that under both Floors and Ceilings, I only have the option of selecting
Level 1, I should see in the Project Browser the option of selecting Site, Level 1, Level 2, in both categories Floors and Ceilings. I have looked at Videos from http://www.infiniteskills.com/ and everything is as it should be if product was working correctly, however on my download it is not showing correctly.

My download is not incorporating Families into the system at download, or is it giving me an option to download these later.

What Infinite Skills web page clearly shows in the Video slides it provides is that to open a new project, one goes to the R in top left hand corner. From there select NEW, this brings up a box - New Project. In the Template file slot it shows <None>. Select Browse, it is the same <None> So how do I get Template files?

I had a Student version of Revit Architecture 2012, and I am certain that the templates families for all items such as Doors, Windows, Wall types were incorporated in the download.

I also ask if it makes any difference as to which icon I select - Revit, Revit Architectural, Revit Structure, Revit MEP as defined in this email, will I still have the same response Revit 2014.

Can anyone help me with the solution, which I would be so grateful

Kind regards,

David McCll

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
AJA14
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi.

- Go to control panel.
- Unicnstall Revit.
- From 3 options select add content
- Select required content (US Metric, US Imperial, UK, ...)
- Select Default
- Click next and wait.

Regards,
Ali Al-Hammoud
Structural Design Engineer
MZ & Partners Engineering Consultancy
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: AJA14

Ali Al-Hammoud
Structural Design Engineer
MZ & Partners Engineering Consultancy

Thank you most sincerely for your reply and your guidance. I deeply appreciate you taking the time to contact and respond to my problem. Everything works perfectly now.

Kind regards,

David

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report