Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exterior Rendering Black?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
JOHNC17
1623 Views, 5 Replies

Exterior Rendering Black?

First of All, my system is Windows 7 64bit with a 1gb graphics board and 8 gb ram.

The issue i have is 2 projects keep rendering black, The only thing i see that they have in common, they were both originally done in RAC 2011 then finished in RAC 2012. I have rendered them when using 2011 so i know that it could be done, now when i try to Render it goe to 2% and crashes leaving a black screen. anyone know a fix or why this is happening? I have not changed any settings nor did i add any type of new interior or exterior lighting.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
ryan.duell
in reply to: JOHNC17

Does the following post help?  Specifically clearing the temp folder. Let us know:

http://revitclinic.typepad.com/my_weblog/2011/02/troubleshooting-elements-that-disappear-when-render...

Thanks,

Ryan Duell
Message 3 of 6
JOHNC17
in reply to: ryan.duell

I am using RAC 2012 Will the 2011 patch work in this version

Message 4 of 6
ryan.duell

If using 2012 you do not need that specific hotfix.  The main item to check is closing Revit and clearing the %temp% folder then attempting to render again.

Ryan Duell
Message 5 of 6
JOHNC17
in reply to: ryan.duell

I did and there is no change, screen renders black still

Message 6 of 6
JOHNC17

Checked updates and installed, still didn't work there either? It does seem some jobs can render and some not.

If i'm rendering an Exterior Perspective " Sun only"  would interior Lighting Effect this?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report