Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extending Stair Supports

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Radioaltivo
722 Views, 5 Replies

Extending Stair Supports

Ok, so here's my issue:

I need my stair supports to go under the floor at the top of stairs. Is there a way to do it automactically or will I have to make a family and add it manually?

Attached image below

Thanks in advance.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
cbcarch
in reply to: Radioaltivo

Does this help?

http://help.autodesk.com/view/RVT/2014/ENU/?guid=GUID-E36AE889-D507-4288-90BE-FCE2F120C2B6

Cliff B. Collins
Registered Architect The Lamar Johnson Collaborative Architects-St. Louis, MO
Message 3 of 6
Radioaltivo
in reply to: cbcarch

Not at all. See, I want to make my support go under the floor at the top of the stair, and I don't know how. I had checked Revit Help before posting and still no clue. If you check my image, you'll see there are two examples. One with a landing (I made a two-run stair) and the other with the floor. On the landing, the support connects fine, but on the floor it doesn't.

Thanks for your response, by the way.

Message 4 of 6
cbcarch

I'm not sure which version of Revit you are using?

If you are using Revit 2014 0r 2015, you can place a Landing instead of a Floor and it will join. ( 2013 or older it will not work.)

http://help.autodesk.com/view/RVT/2014/ENU/?guid=GUID-68BBA40A-64F9-4F93-BE5A-E4AD8417BAA7

Cliff B. Collins
Message 5 of 6
Radioaltivo
in reply to: cbcarch

Thanks a lot! Yeah, my question seems pretty stupid now. Even in 2013 I could just shape the stair boundary to make a landing.

Owe you one.

Message 6 of 6
cbcarch

No problem. Glad you got it working.

I also think the stair and landing Materials must be identical for a clean join? ( i.e. monolithic concrete stairs and landings. )

Cliff B. Collins

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report