Revit Architecture

Distinguished Contributor
lhmoman
Message 1 of 3 (278 Views)
Accepted Solution

Exporting to Cad Settings

278 Views, 2 Replies
09-17-2012 09:18 AM

Few quick questions, I am trying to configure the exporting settings. thanks for you help in advance.

In the Modify DWG/DXF export Setup, where do you find the "aia standards" fille that is in the load layers from standards option? I want to get that file and atler it.

Also what does the {underlay} modifier mean?

thanks

Distinguished Contributor
lhmoman
Message 2 of 3 (254 Views)

Re: Exporting to Cad Settings

09-18-2012 10:36 AM in reply to: lhmoman

iS COLOR_ID in the export tag meant to overide in color option only and not line weight  and layer?

*Expert Elite*
CADastrophe
Message 3 of 3 (249 Views)

Re: Exporting to Cad Settings

09-18-2012 11:27 AM in reply to: lhmoman

lhmoman wrote:

"In the Modify DWG/DXF export Setup, where do you find the "aia standards" fille that is in the load layers from standards option? I want to get that file and atler it."

Try looking under C:\Program Data\Autodesk\RME 20** for the file exportlayers-dwg-AIA.txt

lhmoman wrote:

"Also what does the {underlay} modifier mean?"

I think that this would apply to anything that is part of an Underlay of a View (View Properties » Underlay). 

lhmoman wrote:

"iS COLOR_ID in the export tag meant to override in color option only and not line weight  and layer?"

I believe that only sets the color of the destined AutoCAD Layer. The layer is assigned a proper Lineweight.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Revit Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Revit helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Revit

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Youtube