Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exporting Revit to .sat....keeping file size small

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Matt.k
1043 Views, 1 Reply

Exporting Revit to .sat....keeping file size small

Hi,

I am a pipe designer using Solidworks. Our architectural firm we have uses Revit. I take their building model, and pupulate it with equipment and piping.

Problem I am having is that the .sat files I recieve from our architect are huge (take up to 4 hours for some conversions). I am thinking that I am getting shading, mass properties and such that I don't need. All I need to be able to see are surfaces to avoid interferences.

Is there a feature/option in Revit when exporting to .sat to send only the minimum information that I need, which I can pass on to the user?

~Matt

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Matt.k
in reply to: Matt.k

I should also mention that recently the architect made the jump from Revit 2012 to Revit 2013.

Back when they were using 2012 two months ago the file size was more than managable. Now after moving to 2013 the file size jumped ten fold.

I continue to use the same version of Solidworks 2012.

Attached is the resulting file size after opening with Solidworks, before and after the move from 2012 to 2013.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report