Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exporting Revit file to gbXML file - Problems

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
esomer10
1096 Views, 1 Reply

Exporting Revit file to gbXML file - Problems

Sir/Madam,

I am new to the use of the Revit software package, and am attempting to create a model of a building for export to the IES Virtual Environment software package for analysis, but am having some difficulties when trying to do so.  I am being given error messages that state;

• 'Revit was unable to identify any rooms. If you are sure that rooms have been created in the project, please check the Project Phase setting to verify that the Project Phase matches the phase in which rooms have been defined in your project.'
  • 'Analytical Top Projection Plane is partially or completely below Analytical Bottom Projection Plane.  Please reset top and/or bottom planes to valid values.'

I have searched online and can't see anywhere that I can resolve these issues, can anyone help?  I am completing this project as part of my Masters thesis, and am getting worried that the time I have spent on this model may be wasted.  If anyone can assist I'd be extremely grateful. I can send the model if it is any help, the file size is too large to attach.

Regards,

Euan Somerville

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
David_W_Koch
in reply to: esomer10

Have you added Room objects to your model?  If so, is the view from which you are exporting set to the phase to which the Room objects were added?  The Room tool can be found on the Home ribbon tab, on the Room & Area panel.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report