Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export to CAD - wall assembly components

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
wonderwho17
1392 Views, 3 Replies

Export to CAD - wall assembly components

I want to export from Revit 2013 to AutoCAD so that each component of a wall assembly exports to a separate AutoCAD layer. For example on a simple stud wall with drywall on both sides I would like the interior lines on different layers than the lines for the outside faces. Is this possible?

Thanks in advance!

wwho17

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
CoreyDaun
in reply to: wonderwho17

Hi! Welcome to the Discussion Groups!

In the DWG Export dialog, click on the "Modify Export Setup" button (Browse.JPG) and scroll down to "Walls" in the Layers tab and expand it. Set the Layer for "Common Edges" and "Cut Pattern" for both the Projection Lines and Cut Lines columns to the desired AutoCAD Layer name.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 4
wonderwho17
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Thanks for your prompt response! Silly mistake on my part failing to notice the expand option (+) sign beside "Walls". Pays to sleep on it before sending a message at end of day. Thanks again!
Message 4 of 4
PDSF
in reply to: wonderwho17

I'm resurrecting this thread because the recommendation, while seemingly so simple, is not working for me.  I'm trying to get everything inside the walls to be on a "stud" layer, color 5 (blue).  I've attached screenshots of the export dialog and the Autocad result.  Everything is on the a-wall (green) layer.  What am I doing wrong?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report