Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export Revit to DWG - Scale Problem

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
melinarch
8791 Views, 5 Replies

Export Revit to DWG - Scale Problem

Hey! I use Revit 2013 and I'm having problems while exporting to dwg in the right scale.

I set to export in METERS, and in Autocad, the Model part is in the right scale.

But, when I export the whole Sheet, It goes way too small, to the LAYOUT in CAD. 

Is there any way I can set to both MODEL and LAYOUT(SHEET) be exported in the right scale? 

Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Paul_F_Aubin
in reply to: melinarch

There is a small checkbox in one of the export screens that says something like: "Export views to separate DWGs and XREF them to the sheet" 

Sorry I don't have Revit open right now for the exact phrasing. If you use that option, it will export several DWG files, with the sheet being its own file and the others XREFed in. I think that will solve the scale problem. 

paul

Paul F. Aubin

Paul F. Aubin Consulting Services, Inc.
Check out my books and training videos
paulaubin.com
Message 3 of 6
melinarch
in reply to: Paul_F_Aubin

hat im really trying to do is to export the whole sheet, in the right scale to autocad.

I did everything in Revit, and it is all the way i wanted. But my client doesn't use revit and wants it in AUTOCAD. I dont want to re-do everything... 

But, yeah, when i export it in mutiple drawings it goes in the right scale to the layout too. but i really wanted the whole sheet to be exported like that.

Message 4 of 6
Paul_F_Aubin

Well if I had to guess, I would assume that your client would prefer the sheet separate with XREFed drawings. This is pretty typical setup in the AutoCAD world. Keep in mind that Revit does a nice job with this, but it is not perfect. For example, you will get a SEPARATE DWG for each viewport. Not always ideal. 

paul

Paul F. Aubin

Paul F. Aubin Consulting Services, Inc.
Check out my books and training videos
paulaubin.com
Message 5 of 6
jPtrujilloLevy

Hello, Hola, Hallo

There is abundant text in the internet for this issue... very extens... so I solved my problem relatively easy (after reading and reading forums and sites and believe its nothing to do or create an revit wishlist)

My problem was: I exported my revit sheets to dwg.  In autocad is draw in mm. everything is 1000x largest. so...

1-R-export-options (last down button)-export setups for dwg/dwf-units and coordinates tab-one dwg  units is... set your unit!

2-export views or sheets

I hope this problem is solved

Éxitos !

Message 6 of 6

you are my savior

you are my savior REALLY THX  ITS WORK 
aosaljboore_0-1667844795926.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report