Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Existing COnditions in Revit

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
davidtetro
2591 Views, 6 Replies

Existing COnditions in Revit

Hey all - just a question. Are there any settings or adjustments that can be made that allow objects to be placed as 'Existing'? When creating an existing building, it gets a bit tedious to have everything created automatically as 'New Construction' then have to go back either later on or as you are working to give it the 'Existing' phase designation?

Any ideas are appreciated...

Thanks in advance...

Dave.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: davidtetro

Set the Phase in the views to Existing BEFORE modeling.

Message 3 of 7
CoreyDaun

If it's of any help, this is the procedure we follow when setting up our initial views:

We create three Views per floor - Existing, Demolition, and New Construction, with the settings below.

View              Phase                         Phase Filter                     Purpose

Existing         Existing                        Show Complete                 Place ALL existing elements here.

Demo            New Construction         Show Previous + Demo    Set the desired existing elements to Demolished.

New               New Construction        Show Previous + New       Place ALL new elements here.

We draw all existing conditions in the 'Existing Views' and then follow through with the demolition on the 'Demo Views'.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 4 of 7
davidtetro
in reply to: Anonymous

ccollins - Are you kidding me? Wow - that was easy! Thanks so much!!!

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: CoreyDaun

re. the tip about setting up specific existing / demolition / proposed views.

Thanks for that tip - seems so obvious now you've said it, but that never crossed my mind before.

Message 6 of 7
ssgueglia

Please correct me if I'm wrong:

Specifically in MEP systems and as far as I know, the solutions posted do not apply.

MEP elements can only be created as "new" then changed to "existing" phase. 

Message 7 of 7
davidtetro
in reply to: ssgueglia

I am able to insert any system component into an 'existing' view. It does not seem to have an issue either way. However, I do not deal with mechanical systems such as ductwork, equipment, registers, etc. I only show major equipment pieces and registers - they are not 'connected' within Revit with ductwork, piping, circuits, though. Not sure if it is an issue with new items being connected to existing systems. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report