Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 'no types of Stacked Wall left' during synch. with the Central Model

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
Dzianis.Hk
815 Views, 11 Replies

Error 'no types of Stacked Wall left' during synch. with the Central Model

Hi everyone! During synchronization with the Central Model I received the following error message: 'As a result of Reloading Latest, there are no types of Stacked Wall left. Create a new type by duplicating an existing Stacked Wall type in the Project Browser.' I made several new types of stacked walls in the project - it didn't help. What could be the solution? Thanks!
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
Gary_J_Orr
in reply to: Dzianis.Hk

@Dzianis.Hk wrote:
Hi everyone! During synchronization with the Central Model I received the following error message: 'As a result of Reloading Latest, there are no types of Stacked Wall left. Create a new type by duplicating an existing Stacked Wall type in the Project Browser.' I made several new types of stacked walls in the project - it didn't help. What could be the solution? Thanks!

The problem may be with the central file... the reason that I say this is due to the first part of the message: "as a result of reloading latest..."

Are other team members having any issues saving to Central? If so then the central file may have... problems...

Are you using copy/monitor by any chance? (just one more thought to help guide you in finding a root to the problem)

You may be looking in the wrong place for the resolution as the rest of the message may be misleading you.

The truth is, I can't imagine why such an error message would even have been created within the program as it isn't possible to "run out" of stacked wall types to syncronize (as in "there are no types of stacked wall left")  and can't imagine how creating a new one would help at all.

Gary J. Orr
(Your Friendly Neighborhood) CADD/BIM/VDC Applications Manager
http://www.linkedin.com/in/garyorr

aka (current and past user names):
Gary_J_Orr (GOMO Stuff 2008-Present); OrrG (Forum Studio 2005-2008); Gary J. Orr (LHB Inc 2002-2005); Orr, Gary J. (Gossen Livingston 1997-2002)
Message 3 of 12
Dzianis.Hk
in reply to: Gary_J_Orr

Thanks for the reply!
I also can not understand the reasons. And why is the problem with stacked wall at all.
The problem appeared at the start of the process. Only one user can synchronize with Central file without problems, other users receive an error and can't synchronize. Copy/monitor tool is not used.
Apparently a problem in the template (but I can't figure out exactly where), because if you start to work with the default template - the error doesn't appear and all is ok.
Message 4 of 12
Gary_J_Orr

Your response opens up another possibility (in addition to the possible file corruption): have that "one user" save to central, relinquishing (spelling error possible 😉 all worksets and exiting Revit entirely... then try to sync from one of the other workstations...
Gary J. Orr

Gary_J_Orr (GOMO Stuff 2008-Present); OrrG (Forum Studio 2005-2008); Gary J. Orr (LHB Inc 2002-2005); Orr, Gary J. (Gossen Livingston 1997-2002)
Message 5 of 12
Dzianis.Hk

I tried to do so - unfortunately it didn't help. As before other users can't synchronize with Central model and reload latest from Central model.

In the process of reloading latest version from Central model by each one of the other user changes in the Local user's model are displayed together with error message and are disappeared, when the error message is closed.
Message 6 of 12
Gary_J_Orr

well, that one was a shot in the dark anyway... without sitting before the problem it's hard to diagnose. Like describing someone with freckles to someone else without using the word freckles... the diagnosis could be anything from chicken pox to skin cancer...

So we have one user that can save to central and others that can't. Are there multiple error messages or just one for each individual? Are the error messages the same on all of those that can't?

Are all users on the same service pack version?

Here is another experiment or two:

Does save to Central and exit (avoiding downloading latest) allow information to be updated in the central model? If not then the reloading isn't the issue, the ability to save to central is.

The user that can save to Central should log on to a different computer and try to make a quick change or two, then save to central... if he/she can then it is a workset/user issue somewhere.

On the computer where the user can save to central, have that user log out, log on as a different user, make a new local copy, and try again. if sucessful this will isolate the computer over the user and possibly point to a SP or some other such issue

If you haven't already tried, then create a new local copy on one of the affected computers and try again with that copy... repeat the process with the user that can save to central. Can he/she still do so with the new copy? (depending on the results you could have corrupted local files or a corrupted Central)

and with that, I think I'm out of ideas as to how to help figure this thing out for you. I'd have to be sitting there with you to get any further.

Gary J. Orr

Message 7 of 12
Dzianis.Hk

Thanks for your responses, Gary!

I tried to make a new Local for user, that couldn't synch - now he can. But now user, that could synch before - can't synch. Hereby only one user can work with Central correctly.

I attach the purged template on which Central was based. I will be very grateful if you try to make Central and some Local files and try to synch them and maybe can understand what the problem is (most likely with this template).

Message 8 of 12
Gary_J_Orr

I'm sorry... I'm sitting at home (out of work for months now cause no one believes that I can do this job without a degree anymore) so I don't have access to a real network and multiple computers to try such testing from... but your response gets me to the point that, yes, the problem is in your template/central file... only one person at a time can work on it... well, that takes directly to a workset/rights and or a methodology issue... seems like whomever gets it first has all the "rights" to update it...
therefore you need to look at the original file for the problem... that I can do, but I'll have to shut down, swap haed drives and reboot to have access to the 14 products so it will be a few before I can take a look.
Gary J. Orr

Message 9 of 12
Gary_J_Orr

at first glance (and it wasn't me to provide the potential solution but Revit itself)... you have an add-in on your system that I do not haveand I therefore got a warning pointing me in that direction (see attached image of 3rd party warning) ...

That add-in has embedded information into your template that may be messing with your worksharing. I get to that conclusion quickly since you say that starting with a default template doesn't cause your issue...

If this truly is the case you will need to contact whomever wrote that add-in to see how to resolve the issue since only they have the code and know what is being dumped into your file..

On a side note: what language is that? (yeah, I know, Curiosity killed the cat)

Gary J. Orr

Message 10 of 12
Dzianis.Hk

I uninstalled this app from pc, deleted some project parameters and other app's traces from template and tasted it again, but no effect... why error appears and it's namely about stacked walls - puzzle.
It is Russian language 🙂
Message 11 of 12
Gary_J_Orr

At this point all I have left is: try an audit (checkbox when opening the file) on the template... or try contacting the providers of that add-in (I'm pretty convinced at this point that it has embedded information that is causing your issue).

I'd say bye and good luck to you in Russian but I don't know how so the English version will have to do... so... Bye, and Good Luck 😉
Gary J. Orr

Message 12 of 12
Dzianis.Hk

Ok, I will try to do it.
Thanks for the help, Gary! 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report