My office has discovered a problem when using view regions. (Autodesk Revit 2013)
1. We were trying to insert view regions to show windows that are at a higher elevation than our standard windows.
2. The windows would not show as being cut (even though the cut plane was places in the center of the window)
3. After enlarging the boundary box of the view region the cut windows would cut properly.
4. After editing our window family to make the reference planes within the family only as wide as the wall we could then take the view region back down to a smaller size.
It seems as the reference planes within a family must be totally enclosed within a view region otherwise the view region fails to work correctly.
Solved! Go to Solution.
Are you using a custom family?
I did a test using the 'fixed.rfa" from out of the box and I could not see the issue.
Do you want to post your family?
I could not see the issue you are experiecning.
Here is my test:
1. I opened a new file
2. Created a wall and placed both widows
3. Changed their elevation - SIll height 8-0
4. Create a view region and set up the top view to be 17-0 and the cut plane to be 8-6.
5. Both windows show the same graphics.
6. Changed the scale and the boundary crop
Result: No issue
If you are still having an issue could you please tell me if my workflow is correct or give me the steps to reproduce it?
I tried to recreate the problem but now I am experiancing issues with both families.
1. Create New Project
2. Add Wall
3. Add window families and place in wall
4. Create view regions. 1 Larger, 1 Smaller, Same view settings.
5. Added notes to show how the error still persists.
Attached is my test file.
Thank you for the example.
I see the same issue as you.
The issue is that the flip control is part of the window model and when the boundary box doesn't include it the described issue happens.
Please open the family and move the flip control closer to the window and after reloading it to the project.
That should resolve the issue.