Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error: Create File Cannot access Revit or ADT2005

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
224 Views, 7 Replies

Error: Create File Cannot access Revit or ADT2005

Attached are the error messages I get when I attempt to open Revit 6.1 or ADT 2005 HELP!!!! Has anyone seen these before? I did my usual HD clean up... I do it once a week. I used both of these programs in the morning and when I re booted after lunch this happened!!! Hope someone has a solution ... Got projects to get out the door!!!! Thanks Doug Attachment not added (too many attachments): "Error 2.JPG"
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
JeffreyMcGrew
in reply to: Anonymous

When you say 'cleanup' what do you mean? What cleanup tool are you using?

Also I've never seen this pop up with Revit. Is it the exact same message between ADT and Revit? That's way strange if that's the case, for the two couldn't be more different in terms of libraries and such...

Jeffrey McGrew
AEC Technologies
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous

Disk Clean up and Defrag that comes with windows, I also use Spybot.. but I restored all of the cookies that it removed. Also I tried a system restore to a previous date... no help "JeffreyMcGrew" wrote in message news:7331246.1083774738757.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > When you say 'cleanup' what do you mean? What cleanup tool are you using? > > Also I've never seen this pop up with Revit. Is it the exact same message between ADT and Revit? That's way strange if that's the case, for the two couldn't be more different in terms of libraries and such... > > Jeffrey McGrew > AEC Technologies
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous

Doug wrote: > Disk Clean up and Defrag that comes with windows, I also use Spybot.. but I > restored all of the cookies that it removed. Also I tried a system restore > to a previous date... no help I doubt that something like Spybot messing with your Cookies would create this error. And Defrag probably wouldn't cause this either, unless something went totally wrong. System Restore might not catch the problem if it's not related to your Registry or Windows. And it's the same error no matter whether you try to run Revit or ADT? Jeffrey
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous

Same error... I have uninstalled both programs and re installed them in every combination possible. same error message. I ran Norton's clean sweep and re installed them ... same error message Any ideas? Doug "Jeffrey McGrew" wrote in message news:40991a27$1_2@newsprd01... > Doug wrote: > > > Disk Clean up and Defrag that comes with windows, I also use Spybot.. but I > > restored all of the cookies that it removed. Also I tried a system restore > > to a previous date... no help > > I doubt that something like Spybot messing with your Cookies would > create this error. And Defrag probably wouldn't cause this either, > unless something went totally wrong. > > System Restore might not catch the problem if it's not related to your > Registry or Windows. > > And it's the same error no matter whether you try to run Revit or ADT? > > Jeffrey
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous

Have you verified that this temp folder exists? If so, is it perhaps set to read only? Kenny McNeil
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous

Temp folder exists and I can save files to it. This does not explain why I cannot uninstall Revit and reload it. I tried to repair the file with the uninstaller... no luck... I think I have tried every combo on install. Any other Ideas? Doug "Kenny" wrote in message news:409957c4_2@newsprd01... > Have you verified that this temp folder exists? If so, is it perhaps set to > read only? > > Kenny McNeil > >
Message 8 of 8
Anonymous

Doug, AdskScSrv.exe is the Autodesk License Service for Autodesk standalone license activation. The file in the temporary folder [AdskCleanup.xxx] is for activation. Tampering with these services may cause software errors and make your product license invalid. > I suspect that your Spybot might have played with the file? I don't want to disappoint you but, once you've fucked this up, reactivation is -required-.... "Doug" schreef in bericht news:40990c63_3@newsprd01... Attached are the error messages I get when I attempt to open Revit 6.1 or ADT 2005 HELP!!!! Has anyone seen these before? I did my usual HD clean up... I do it once a week. I used both of these programs in the morning and when I re booted after lunch this happened!!! Hope someone has a solution ... Got projects to get out the door!!!! Thanks Doug Attachment not added (too many attachments): "Error 2.JPG"

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report