Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Electrical Symbols

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
151 Views, 5 Replies

Electrical Symbols

Can anyone out there help me? I put in a ceiling to attach lights to last week and had great success putting in many lights. Now this week when I try to add additional lights/ fixtures it wont find the ceiling plane although it is still there. Is there a way to make a ceiling active? What could cause the ceiling plan to not allow installation of fixtures? This is getting very frustrating. I need to finish up this plan by tomorrow. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
John
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Try posting on Augi. com, might get the answer sooner.

wrote in message news:4922294@discussion.autodesk.com...
Can anyone out there help me? I put in a ceiling to attach lights to last
week and had great success putting in many lights. Now this week when I try
to add additional lights/ fixtures it wont find the ceiling plane although
it is still there. Is there a way to make a ceiling active? What could
cause the ceiling plan to not allow installation of fixtures? This is
getting very frustrating. I need to finish up this plan by tomorrow. Any
help would be appreciated.

Thanks
John
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

john fleming wrote:
> Can anyone out there help me? I put in a ceiling to attach lights to last week and had great success putting in many lights. Now this week when I try to add additional lights/ fixtures it wont find the ceiling plane although it is still there. Is there a way to make a ceiling active? What could cause the ceiling plan to not allow installation of fixtures? This is getting very frustrating. I need to finish up this plan by tomorrow. Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks
> John

You workplane is probably off.

Within your ceiling plan the default workplane is typically already set
for you. So the first thing I'd check is to make certain that your View
Depth is still correct within the view. I beleve if the Ceiling Plain is
within the 'Beyond' range within your RCP, that the fixtures won't
automatically 'find' the ceiling.

Jeffrey
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

I dont think that the ceiling plane is off, how would one check that? I thought that I had it set to my main level ceiling plan.
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

Well if I insert them in {3D} view they will snap to the ceiling but that is the only place. I must not have a plane set correctly???
Message 6 of 6
sbrown

check your view range, under view properties, make sure your top is set such that you see the ceiling. Make sure there isn't a floor or something between you and the ceiling. Lastly your workplane really shouldn't be an issue, but to check go to your ceiling plan, click plane and select the level you are on.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report