Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Electrical Drawings

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
566 Views, 6 Replies

Electrical Drawings

Where do you start at when you are creating the electrical plans for a house?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
LisaDrago
in reply to: Anonymous

Well - lets start with what are you using? Are you using Revit, Revit Arch, Revit MEP?

It would be best to use Revit (Part of the BDS Premium or Ultimate) or Revit MEP.

If you only have Revit Arch - you can place the electrical components but to create any wire runs and such - it will be just drafting or model lines.

You could change the discipline to Electrical - which will halftone everything that is architectural so your electrical components will stand out. 

So there are a few options... 

Does any of this help?

LD

If this helped solve your issue - remember to 'accept as solution' to help other find answers!
You can't think AutoCAD and run Revit.
Email: LisaDragoEE@gmail.com
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: LisaDrago

where do i go to place electrical components?

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: LisaDrago

I am using Revit Arch

Message 5 of 7
CoreyDaun

Start by duplicating your Floor Plans View(s) and change the View Name and Discipline to reflect the intentions of the View. As Lisa stated previously, that will affect the overall display settings of the View to suit the plan (i.e. Architectural Categories will be half-tone, MEP Categories will be normal).

Technically, you can place the electrical devices in any View, and since Revit is database, they can be displayed on any of your Views. If you have no electrical families loaded, you should be able to find some basic electrical families in your default library.

Is this the kind of answer you were looking for?

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Im not sure where to find the electrical families

Message 7 of 7
CoreyDaun

First, check to see if there are any already loaded into your Project. In your Project Browser, under Families, is there a listing for 'Electrical Fixtures'? If not, then no Families of that Category are currently loaded.

Go to the Insert tab on the Ribbon and click 'Load Family'. This should automatically browse to the default Revit Library unless you've redefined the folder location. Do you see a  folder named 'Electrical'? I can't say absolutely that this is the case - I'm actually an MEP user, but we can load Architectural Families using this method.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report