Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Editing wall material to concrete in plan view

13 REPLIES 13
Message 1 of 14
YehudaInbar7952
3271 Views, 13 Replies

Editing wall material to concrete in plan view

In floor plan view how do I make a wall have a concrete texture inside instead of the default (criss cross)?

13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
ccollins
in reply to: YehudaInbar7952

Under Wall Properties, Edit>Structure>Materials--change to Concrete for the Cut Pattern.

The "criss-cross" pattern is typically for Concrete Masonry Units ( block), so you should really use a different Wall Type

and name it Cast In-Place Concrete, then specify the correct Material and Fill Pattern.

Cliff B. Collins
Registered Architect/BIM Manager
Thalden Boyd Emery Architects
St. Louis, MO
Message 3 of 14

Thank you. I have made a new wall how you said, changing the material to cast-in place concrete instead of concrete blocks and on the preview for the wall it is perfect but when I draw the line on the floor plan it still has a criss-cross pattern. I have attached a picture where you can see how the wall looks in the properties preview and on the floor plan it  is highlighted.

Thank you,

Yehuda

Message 4 of 14
ccollins

In Wall Properties, check if there is a Coarse Scale Fill Pattern.

Then in your view, set the Detail Level to Medium or Fine.

Does it now have the Concrete Fill Pattern?

Cliff B. Collins
St. Louis, MO
Message 5 of 14
YehudaInbar7952
in reply to: ccollins

I set the wall to no pattern and then to concrete pattern and they both still have the criss-cross. It seems like the criss-cross is a default and the only way to change it is to override each individual wall. Thank you, Yehuda Inbar, AIA *Inbar Architecture* * * **2831 Ringling Blvd., Suite E-117 Sarasota, FL 34237 (941) 951-2816 InbarArchitecture@gmail.com www.InbarArchitect.com
Message 6 of 14
ccollins

Check if the Material is set to "Default Wall"

Go to Manage>Materials then look at Cut Pattern.

See if your wall's Material is really using Default Wall Material--or recheck the Coarse Fill setting under wall properties.

Cliff B. Collins
St. Louis, MO
Message 7 of 14
YehudaInbar7952
in reply to: ccollins

I went into the materials and the cut pattern is set to concrete. I'm not sure how to check if it is set to default wall. I have attached an image with the walls I am trying to edit just left of the browser. Thank you, Yehuda Inbar, AIA *Inbar Architecture* * * **2831 Ringling Blvd., Suite E-117 Sarasota, FL 34237 (941) 951-2816 InbarArchitecture@gmail.com www.InbarArchitect.com
Message 8 of 14
ccollins

Check these settings as well.

see attached.

Cliff B. Collins
St. Louis, MO
Message 9 of 14
itimot

Hello everyone, I wanted to know how do I configure my Revit Architecture 2013 software so it can save files in previous versions (2012, 2011, 2010)
thank you

Message 10 of 14
MikeMaloney
in reply to: itimot

Revit is not Backwards Compatable......................

Mike

Mike Maloney
BIM Design Automation Coordinator
CH2M Hill
Message 11 of 14
itimot
in reply to: MikeMaloney

so how can i update the 2012 version to 2013 version?

TX

Message 12 of 14
itimot

i mean to update the 2012 software to 2013 software.

thanks

Message 13 of 14
gtoapanta

Hello.

In the Edit assembly- material browser, the Concrete-Cast-in-Place Concrete is not liste as well some of the other material like Ceramic-Tile 4" blue, do you know how to bring in it to the material browser?.

Thank you 

Galo

Message 14 of 14
L.Maas
in reply to: gtoapanta

You have to go to your material browser (Manage, Materials) and drag in the proper material to your project.

Material.png

If the material is not there you can create it yourself by making new material or duplicating existing one and modifying the material parameters (name and how it looks)

Louis

EESignature

Please mention Revit version, especially when uploading Revit files.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report