Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Editing Color legend...

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
gsucci
701 Views, 2 Replies

Editing Color legend...

Hi all,
we have a large color legend, by department, which is a text parameter for our rooms.

Now, we need to edit the department name / text, and it appears the only way to do this is as follows:

1. Create a room schedule, showing the department parameter, sort by department, and don't show every item.
2. Select and rename the department.
3. Go into the color legend, and copy the old color.
4. Paste the old color in the new item.
5. Move the new item up or down the list as needed to replace the old item location.
6. Delete old item.

When I explained this procedure to the team, they looked at me and unanimously said: "you kidding, right?".

My question to the forum: is there a better way to rename items in a color legend? By a custom text parameter?
Also, to the Adsk people: why the text in the color legends is grayed out? Doesn't it make sense that sooner or later someone would need to rename one of those color names...? Why do I need to create a schedule to do that while the legend is already listing all items in the project...?

Thank you

regards

gio
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: gsucci

You could create a new Room tag and add Department to the tag so you could edit the department associated with each room directly on the Floor Plan view by editing the department parameter.

Mel Persin, AIA
AEC Technology Consultant
Technology to Visualize and Realize Solutions
Modeling for the Future/Drafting in the Present/Building on the Past
Message 3 of 3
gsucci
in reply to: gsucci

Yes Mel, we have such a tag, but that would simply create a new department, with a new color, it will not RENAME the parameter accross the project, using the same color.

I guess there would be a way to mass-select all room with the same department parameter, and change that, but it is the same as using the room schedule I mentioned earlier.

I am not sure I have been clear, but when I look at the color legend editor, in 2009, and the parameter names are all grayed out, I cannot avoid thinking: how the programmers meant these values to be changed? Is it possible that they thought nobody would ever need to rename/edit these parameters once used in a color legend?

Thank you

regards

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report