Revit Architecture

Craig Cernek
Message 1 of 3 (1,074 Views)

Edit floor material patterns?

1074 Views, 2 Replies
02-28-2004 01:38 PM
The only way I know of indicating different flooring materials on the same floor is to create in-place families for those flooring materials and apply a finish material to it.

That being said, I have not found a way to move or align the material patterns in those in-place families. Of course this is not presentation quality.

Has anybody found a practical way of indicating multiple floor finishes that allow them to manipulate the pattern layout?
*Greg Cashen
Message 2 of 3 (1,074 Views)

Re: Edit floor material patterns?

02-28-2004 02:18 PM in reply to: Craig Cernek
I can think of three... 1) Make your floor definition only include the subfloor. Then apply another floor by picking walls in the appropriate rooms and make it only a finish layer. You will have to give the finish floor an offset equalt to it's thickness, so that it is above the structure floor. 2) Duplicate your floor type and just change the finish layer and give it a new name. 3) Make your floor with a generic finish layer and then instead of one floor throughout the wall footprint, make each floor separate and use the paint bucket to paint on a finish pattern. In that order. #1 is the best option, as it most accurately mimics the actual building process and will give the best details. "Craig Cernek" wrote in message news:23009850.1078004348944.JavaMail.javamailuser@localhost... > The only way I know of indicating different flooring materials on the same floor is to create in-place families for those flooring materials and apply a finish material to it. > > That being said, I have not found a way to move or align the material patterns in those in-place families. Of course this is not presentation quality. > > Has anybody found a practical way of indicating multiple floor finishes that allow them to manipulate the pattern layout?
*Christopher Zoog
Message 3 of 3 (1,074 Views)

Re: Edit floor material patterns?

02-28-2004 06:32 PM in reply to: Craig Cernek
I take it you have not tried the split face and paint bucket tools? They will do what you want. Z. Craig Cernek wrote: > The only way I know of indicating different flooring materials on the same floor is to create in-place families for those flooring materials and apply a finish material to it. > > That being said, I have not found a way to move or align the material patterns in those in-place families. Of course this is not presentation quality. > > Has anybody found a practical way of indicating multiple floor finishes that allow them to manipulate the pattern layout?

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Revit Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Revit helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Revit

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Youtube