Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Edit Top Rail explodes Geometry!!!! - HAS ANYONE SEEN THIS BEFORE?

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
caseyrutland
542 Views, 1 Reply

Edit Top Rail explodes Geometry!!!! - HAS ANYONE SEEN THIS BEFORE?

Hi all,

We have a situation!

One of my guys has tried to edit a top rail in a model and it has resulted in what looks like the top rail geometry being exploded (see image).

The section view now contains various paths, reference planes and profiles below the main drawing and they are all selectable!  We can't do anything with it once it's selected but they are all there.

If anyone has seen this before or can offer a solution / fix, we'd be grateful.  (tried undo-ing but it does nothing).

Ta.

Casey

Casey D Rutland
Associate Director, Arup
http://www.caseyrutland.com.
Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
alan.quinn
in reply to: caseyrutland

I'm not sure what I'm looking at in your image. I'm assuming the bottom line (under the elevation) are the exploded elements. I have never seem this before, but I would check/try the following.

1. Do you have large coordinate in you file. Go to the 3D view and turn on visibility for all geometry and the Project and Survey Points under Site. Hit ZA and if your geometry gets real small its either too far from the Survey Point or you have a stray element off out in space.

2. What happens if you re-create the railing?

3. If you copy and paste the railing into a blank out of the box project what happens?

Thanks for posting,

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report