Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duplicating a Plan / View

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
369 Views, 1 Reply

Duplicating a Plan / View

Hi,

I have been attempting to a duplicate a plan / view in Revit. When I do so, on the duplicated plan, elements which are switched off in the visibility/graphics overrides are still visible. Why is this?? Is there anything I can do to hide these??

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
ryan.duell
in reply to: Anonymous

By default you should be able to hide elements in a view and then duplicate or duplicate with detailing; the individual element visibility statuses should be maintained.  This will be maintained even if a Default View Template is in place.
Even if entire categories are toggled off under V/G, and then the view is duplicated, it should maintain the appearance of the original view when it was duplicated.
Please let me know if you are not able to achieve results similar to the simple view below:
Thank you,

By default you should be able to hide elements in a view and then duplicate or duplicate with detailing; the individual element visibility statuses should be maintained.  This will be maintained even if a Default View Template is in place.

Even if entire categories are toggled off under V/G, and then the view is duplicated, it should maintain the appearance of the original view when it was duplicated.

Please let me know if you are not able to achieve results similar to the simple view below:

Video Example: http://screencast.com/t/SUMJRAmcpWq

Thank you,

Ryan Duell

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report