Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drwaing a ref plane

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
502 Views, 4 Replies

Drwaing a ref plane

Im currently following the official training guide from sybex on Revit architecture 2012. but i've stumbled upon a tiny problem,

I'm drawing ref lines in south view and thats no problem, and works fine, but when I change to East view, the problems start to increase, once I draw a ref line, the line is not visible, and I get a "warning" that says: "None of the created elements are visible in Elevation: East View. You may want to check the active view, its Parameters, and Visibility settings."

What's that all about? I can't seem to get the line to show no matter what I do.

can someone please give me  step by step instructions?

Thank's.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Alfredo_Medina
in reply to: Anonymous

Reference plane or reference line? The post says ref. line but the title says ref. plane. What are you trying to do, and where? In a project or in the family editor?

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Alfredo_Medina

It's a refrence line, and a project file, not famely.

What I'm doing is drawing refrence lines on diferent views on top of a scetch so that I have something to relate to whwn I'm doing a massing study.

the thing is, I have a north, south, east and west elevation viewpiont's (pluss all the other views) I'm following a tutorial, and I was told to start drawing refrence lines on top of the scetch (wich is a img file I inserted), when I start drawing in the south elevation everything is going flawless, but when I'm told to open the east view, and draw some reference lines on this elevation the lines will not show, and I get the same "warning" as i described in the previous post.

Is there anything else you need to know to help me back on the right track?

Thank's!

Message 4 of 5
Alfredo_Medina

There is something wrong in the instructions, then. The only way to draw reference lines in a project is during the creation of  a Model-in Place component. Otherwise, the Ref. Line tool is not available in projects, only in the family editor.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

there must be something wrong with current workplane.

see attached image and change your current workplane.

also note that Reference Lines are only available in In Place Mass/Family while working on Project (rvt) environment.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report