Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Double glazed curtain wall

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
sparrowitis
1239 Views, 5 Replies

Double glazed curtain wall

What is the best way to create a double glazed curtain wall that is attached to an internal aluminium frame? In plan section I need to see a panel of glass/vacuum/glass, with aluminium mullions at the joins.
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: sparrowitis

create a new curtain wall panel that has glass/vacuum/glass, and swap out the panels. "sparrowitis" wrote in message news:13274655.1100577645038.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > What is the best way to create a double glazed curtain wall that is attached to an internal aluminium frame? In plan section I need to see a panel of glass/vacuum/glass, with aluminium mullions at the joins.
Message 3 of 6
sparrowitis

I have tried to create a curtain wall by duplicating an existing curtain wall, but unlike the regular walls, I cannot edit the structure of the curtain walls. Any further suggestions?
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

Structure? As in mullion spacing? "sparrowitis" wrote in message news:25206682.1100586020315.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > I have tried to create a curtain wall by duplicating an existing curtain wall, but unlike the regular walls, I cannot edit the structure of the curtain walls. Any further suggestions?
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

Curtain wall panels are families. You will need to open an exisitng curtain wall panel and edit it and 'saveas', or start a new family with the Curtain panel template. After creating the panel, you will be able to switch the panels for the new one. "sparrowitis" wrote in message news:25206682.1100586020315.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > I have tried to create a curtain wall by duplicating an existing curtain wall, but unlike the regular walls, I cannot edit the structure of the curtain walls. Any further suggestions?
Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

sparrowitis wrote: > I have tried to create a curtain wall by duplicating an existing curtain wall, but unlike the regular walls, I cannot edit the structure of the curtain walls. Any further suggestions? Yeah, curtain panels are a separate family. But now in Revit 7 you can use normal wall types as a curtain panel. So the really simple way to do what you're looking for is to first make a new basic wall type called 'Dbl Glazing' or something, make it 'glass-void-glass' within the wall construction parameters, and then after you've drawn your curtain wall select the panels and swap them for that wall type... Jeffrey

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report