Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dormer wall types

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
RJK42
697 Views, 3 Replies

Dormer wall types

I created a couple of dormers within my roof but need to make the wall structure different from below and above the roof. Not sure how to accomplish this.

Thanks!!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
VWD-MLM
in reply to: RJK42

1st, you could modiy the Profiles of the Wall , modifying the bottom to match the rood Pitch, then place new framing wall in the same locations and modify the profiles for them at the top to match the Roof.  If you're using 2012 or 13, you can convert the walls to parts and modify the parts.

Mike

Michael L. Maloney
Virtual World Designs
VDC & BIM Model Design, Clash & Coordination
mike@VirtualWorldDesigns.com
BDSU 2015, 2016
Charlotte, NC ; Fort Mill, SC
Message 3 of 4
RJK42
in reply to: VWD-MLM

When I modify the walls by selecting the wall, Edit Profile, Revit displays a message "Revit removes the top and base attachments prior to editing the profile of the wall".  I click OK, then edit the profile by matching the roof pitch accordingly. The profile I kept was the outside wall.  Once that is complete I try to attach the wall back to the roof but an error "Can't keep wall and roof joined".  When trying to tackle this issue by creating parts, it creates parts by separating the elements I used to create the wall in the edit properties and not separating the inside from the outside wall.  

I am using the 2013 version.

Thanks

Message 4 of 4
alan.quinn
in reply to: RJK42

Detach Top/Base prior to editing your walls. Then look at this video for details on how to Edit the Wall Profile.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/11938886/Dormer_Roof_Wall_Edits.mp4

Hope this helps and thanks for posting.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report