Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3
Elrond
196 Views, 2 Replies

Doors

I am new to Revit and under going the usual frustration / delight / frustration / delight... cycle as things become more obvious. Any help on the following would be most appreciated.

1. Doors do not show any frames in plan - can they? (Is this an American thing?)

2. Doors seem to locate either on the inside or the outside of a wall - I want to position them centrally within the wall depth...? Is this possible?

thanks, Elrond
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Elrond

Yes to both questions Alek "Elrond" wrote in message news:28519300.1079516517353.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > I am new to Revit and under going the usual frustration / delight / frustration / delight... cycle as things become more obvious. Any help on the following would be most appreciated. > > 1. Doors do not show any frames in plan - can they? (Is this an American thing?) > > 2. Doors seem to locate either on the inside or the outside of a wall - I want to position them centrally within the wall depth...? Is this possible? > > thanks, Elrond
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Elrond

Elrond, Learning the family editor is very important to revit success, the things you mentioned can be done be modifying existing families, or creating new ones. That said, there are several UK style doors here: http://revit.autodesk.com/library/html/index.html Rugi www.rugi.org and www.revitcity.com would be good places to look for more content. Also, there is a very active revit forum on my website www.zoogdesign.com/forums we have 900 plus members from around the globe, you should be able to get answers about localized content there. Cheers, Z. "Elrond" wrote in message news:28519300.1079516517353.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > I am new to Revit and under going the usual frustration / delight / frustration / delight... cycle as things become more obvious. Any help on the following would be most appreciated. > > 1. Doors do not show any frames in plan - can they? (Is this an American thing?) > > 2. Doors seem to locate either on the inside or the outside of a wall - I want to position them centrally within the wall depth...? Is this possible? > > thanks, Elrond

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report