Revit Architecture

Elrond
Message 1 of 3 (100 Views)

Doors

100 Views, 2 Replies
03-17-2004 01:41 AM
I am new to Revit and under going the usual frustration / delight / frustration / delight... cycle as things become more obvious. Any help on the following would be most appreciated.

1. Doors do not show any frames in plan - can they? (Is this an American thing?)

2. Doors seem to locate either on the inside or the outside of a wall - I want to position them centrally within the wall depth...? Is this possible?

thanks, Elrond
*Aleksej Sutulov
Message 2 of 3 (100 Views)

Re: Doors

03-17-2004 04:19 AM in reply to: Elrond
Yes to both questions Alek "Elrond" wrote in message news:28519300.1079516517353.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > I am new to Revit and under going the usual frustration / delight / frustration / delight... cycle as things become more obvious. Any help on the following would be most appreciated. > > 1. Doors do not show any frames in plan - can they? (Is this an American thing?) > > 2. Doors seem to locate either on the inside or the outside of a wall - I want to position them centrally within the wall depth...? Is this possible? > > thanks, Elrond
*Christopher Zoog
Message 3 of 3 (100 Views)

Re: Doors

03-17-2004 06:36 AM in reply to: Elrond
Elrond, Learning the family editor is very important to revit success, the things you mentioned can be done be modifying existing families, or creating new ones. That said, there are several UK style doors here: http://revit.autodesk.com/library/html/index.html Rugi www.rugi.org and www.revitcity.com would be good places to look for more content. Also, there is a very active revit forum on my website www.zoogdesign.com/forums we have 900 plus members from around the globe, you should be able to get answers about localized content there. Cheers, Z. "Elrond" wrote in message news:28519300.1079516517353.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > I am new to Revit and under going the usual frustration / delight / frustration / delight... cycle as things become more obvious. Any help on the following would be most appreciated. > > 1. Doors do not show any frames in plan - can they? (Is this an American thing?) > > 2. Doors seem to locate either on the inside or the outside of a wall - I want to position them centrally within the wall depth...? Is this possible? > > thanks, Elrond
Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.