Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Door swing

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
EvgenyK
1428 Views, 9 Replies

Door swing

Hi!
When I flip a door from left to right side can I see changes in schedule table? I can't fin a parameter for swing orientation. Do you have a solution?
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: EvgenyK

I believe it can't be done automatically, just add a param and change it
every time if you must have this in a schedule
Message 3 of 10
EvgenyK

Yes I need it to make automatically. I must to show a swing in a door list. What's a software if I have to check a swing in the schedule and in the plan with my finger?
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous

Well, you must understand that each one of us has his own method and needs
so it is not always easy to find the perfect software. However, I don't
believe this is very difficult to do. Make a parameter and keep the value to
let's say "right" and then decide which door has to get the value "left".
This is not the way it should be but this is the only way I can think of
now.
Message 5 of 10
EvgenyK

Hi JTB,
Thank you for your answers. I see that Revit is very powerful application and I'm sure I'll find a solution the most convenient for me.

With respect
Evgeny.
Message 6 of 10
markusvikström

I know I am reviving a 6 year old thread, but as this is the same issue I am looking for a solution to I'm hoping someone have found easy way to solve it.

I need to be able to get tags/schedules on doors saying if it is Left or Righ hung. I know I can fill in a parameter manually but it is just stupid to fill in something by hand when the data exists in the software.

And yes, I know I can get the parameters from the door family through the API with HandFlipped and FacingFlipped but this requires the users to actively click a button, it seems strange that existing parameters is not available in the tag/schedule environment where it automatically could be updated.

Any luck to get this info on tags/schedules?

BR,

Markus

Message 7 of 10
gary
in reply to: markusvikström

Well to revive this once more after over a year.

The options or methonds Revit scheduls door swings ignore industry standard terminology.  Saying that the door swings ‘Room To’ or  ‘Room From’ is not the way architects, door specifiers, and door estimators refer to swing or more properly, handing.  There are only four states of handing; right hand, left hand, right hand reverse, and left hand reverse.  All are referenced from the outside of the room, facing the door.

Why do the ‘programers’ ignore the standards of the industry for which they are creating software?

Gary Striyle, AIA

Architecture Cubed, Inc

Message 8 of 10
rosskirby
in reply to: gary

How is Revit supposed to know which room is inside and which is outside?  You'd have to manually define that at some point, and if you're going to do that, why not just assign an instance parameter to the door that let's you choose the handing?

Ross Kirby
Principal
Dynamik Design
www.dynamikdesign.com
Message 9 of 10
gary

Well, if I assign an instance parameter then if the door swing changes but the door and the room configuration stay the same then you have to remember to go back and change the instance.

It seems if you can assign Room From then that has defined that you are outside the room the door is associated.  Then the door can be left or right hand and reversed or not depending on the door parameters.  The trick is to set up the schedule to understand this which is way beyond my abilities.

Message 10 of 10
Archigrafix_Norge

You can use the plugin XDoor available on the Revit App Store:

https://apps.autodesk.com/RVT/en/Detail/Index?id=2481590927896495348&appLang=en&os=Win64

Luis Santos

archi systems as

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report