Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Door schedule- show host wall type

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
Anonymous
6975 Views, 9 Replies

Door schedule- show host wall type

What kind of an instance paramater needs to be implemented in order to account the host wall type in the door schedule?

Thank you

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
loboarch
in reply to: Anonymous

The host wall of a door is known to Revit internally but not exposed to the user in any way.  It can't be scheduled using out of the box tools.  Usign the Revit API a custom application could be written to access this information.  it does take programming knowledge to access and use the door's host wall information.

Jeff Hanson
Principal Content Experience Designer
Revit Help |
Message 3 of 10
GlynnisVP

Host Wall and Host Wall Type-based data are among the types of parameter data that Ideate BIMLink supports - see image.  Grabbing the area of the wall in which a window is hosted is a similar type of task. 

Regards,

Glynnis Patterson, Architect

www.ideatebimlink.com

Message 4 of 10
Chris_Baze
in reply to: GlynnisVP

Host wall type is still only accessable through the API in 2015, correct?

Message 5 of 10
GlynnisVP
in reply to: Chris_Baze

That is correct.

-Glynnis

Message 6 of 10
ALEBIM2

Hi, I have exported a Revit view with section box to navisworks , and in navisworks appeared the host parameter. It worked in one view ( 1th floor) but not in the other floors. Do you know why it works only in certain views. Ineed this host parameter to create search sets in navisworks.

Message 7 of 10
GlynnisVP
in reply to: ALEBIM2

There are several variants on 'host' such as host, host wall, host ceiling, etc. In some cases, depending upon the element, the host value can simply be a linked file.

For your Navisworks example, I'd need more details to assess. A curtain wall that is based on the 1st floor level, would return that same value when queried for a 2nd floor door. If you are talking about internal walls on the 2nd floor, then I'm not sure why it would work on the 1st floor, but not on the 2nd, sorry.

~Glynnis

Message 8 of 10
ALEBIM2

Hi, I have exported a Revit view with section box to navisworks , to see the doors host. In navisworks appeared the host parameter of some the doors. It worked in one view ( 1th floor) but not in the other views or floors. Do you know why it works only in certain views. I need this "host"parameter to create search sets in navisworks.

I exported the Revit file in the right way, like always do.

For some reason the "host" pasameter it has not been exported to Navisworks with ALL doors of project, only with the first floor doors.

So, to solve it, I had to do a Dynamo script wich extract all the doors of project, then extract all the host of them and then put this parameter name into a created shared parameter in Revit. By this way I have managed to have all doors with their host in instance parameters to export it sucessfully to Navisworks.

Great tool Dynamo!

Thanks a lot anyway

Message 9 of 10
luis_ykl
in reply to: ALEBIM2

Hi Ale BIM can you share your Dynamo rutine that extract the host of the door, please thanks a lot

Message 10 of 10
adobbertin

Highlighting this request again as it is important information for constructability - the type of wall determines many design factors regarding the construction of the door frame. The Steel Door Institute recommends including the intended wall type in a typical door and frame schedule, however there is not a straightforward way to do this in Revit. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report