Revit Architecture

Valued Contributor
kwihae
Message 1 of 5 (1,903 Views)

Door schedule - door swing direction

1903 Views, 4 Replies
02-25-2012 11:23 AM

Can you show the direction of swing in the door schedule?

*Expert Elite*
Alfredo_Medina
Message 2 of 5 (1,847 Views)

Re: Door schedule - door swing direction

02-29-2012 07:46 AM in reply to: kwihae

You can use "room: to", and "room: from" for that purpose, but changes to the swing will not update the schedule, because the swing does not determine which room the door belongs to.

I have read in another forum that it is possible to write some API code to catch the orientation of the swing of the door, and keep the information updated if the door is flipped.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Planta1 Revit Online Consulting | info@planta1.com | my Twitter | The Planta1 Blog
Valued Contributor
kwihae
Message 3 of 5 (1,837 Views)

02-29-2012 10:28 AM in reply to: Alfredo_Medina

I found a plug in for Revit which claims to scheule the door swing direction. I haven't tried it yet though.

http://www.revittools.com/index.htm

Active Contributor
gary
Message 4 of 5 (1,523 Views)

08-22-2012 09:28 AM in reply to: kwihae

The options or methonds Revit scheduls door swings ignore industry standard terminology.  Saying that the door swings ‘Room To’ or  ‘Room From’ is not the way architects, door specifiers, and door estimators refer to swing or more properly, handing.  There are only four states of handing; right hand, left hand, right hand reverse, and left hand reverse.  All are referenced from the outside of the room, facing the door.

Why do the ‘programers’ ignore the standards of the industry for which they are creating software?

Gary Striyle, AIA

Architecture Cubed, Inc

vojko.stanic
Message 5 of 5 (1,391 Views)

12-18-2012 02:26 AM in reply to: gary

Not all... Archicad has this by default. And i hope revit will implement it in one of the future versions.

Btw, this plugin should do the trick http://web.tools4revit.com/dynamic-legend/e-help-090511/dl-create-door-legend-with-swingdirection/

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Vojko

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Revit Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Revit helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Revit

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Youtube