Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Door family insertion problem

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
tom.urie
2249 Views, 4 Replies

Door family insertion problem

I'm trying to insert a double door into an interior storefront butt glazed system. The door displays perfectly in the family form but when the family is inserted into the storefront the door pulls shift laterally about 4" from where they should be.

I've tried dimensioning the pulls in plan and/or elevation to the door edge and to the center reference plane, locking them, unlocking them, using a different template, etc.

I've used the same pulls as part of a door assembly that is inserted into a gypsum board assembly without any problem.

The pulls are not nested into the family.

Appreciate any help anyone cares to offer.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
LisaDrago
in reply to: tom.urie

Can you post the door family? Sometimes I need to think with my hands...Smiley Very Happy

LD

If this helped solve your issue - remember to 'accept as solution' to help other find answers!
You can't think AutoCAD and run Revit.
Email: LisaDragoEE@gmail.com
Message 3 of 5
tom.urie
in reply to: LisaDrago

Thanks LD. File attached.

Message 4 of 5
Alfredo_Medina
in reply to: tom.urie

The pull handles are not the only problem. Notice what happens with the pivots:

8-30-2013 6-30-35 PM.jpg

It is recommended that you use nested families for these accessories, instead of extrusions and sweeps made in the same file. Nested items will give you reference planes that you can use to align and lock these nested items to reference planes in the host family.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 5 of 5
tom.urie
in reply to: Alfredo_Medina

Thanks much.

Tom Urie, R.A. LEED AP

Urie P.C. Architects

11114 Innsbrook Way

Ijamsville, MD 21754.9058

301.602.7606 (voice)

301.865.4784 (fax)

tom.urie@urieprocor.com

www.urieprocor.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report