Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Door Tag Family question

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
1004 Views, 5 Replies

Door Tag Family question

I am trying to create a Custom Door Tag Family and I have some questions - What size should be my Labels, text - How do I control the size of the Door Tag when the scale of my drawing changes. Thanks in advance Stelios
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
andrewg07
in reply to: Anonymous

- What size should be my Labels, text

Whatever you find comfortable & readable.

- How do I control the size of the Door Tag when the scale of my drawing changes.

The tags, like text & other annotation objects, will remain the same size no matter what the scale.

If you find you'd like a different size tag for different scale sheets, create a new tag, load it, & substitute it for the others.
Message 3 of 6
RevitIt

Use a family template to create it. Or cope the existing one. Sizes are according to the view scale
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

Eh? Sounds like ADT directions to me... "DanielHurtubise" wrote in message news:23194687.1103121672441.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > I assume that what you wanna create is a scale-dependant tag. > So here we go : > 1 - Create the block using fields or attributes like you want it at the dimension you want it to appear in your plotted sheet. ie: 1/2" diameter with 3/16" text. > 2 - Scale the same block from the scale factor you next wanna use it. ie : scale 1/4" = 48 > 3 - Explode the block and re-create a new one named like this : block_48 > 4 - Do the same with all the dimension you wanna do > 5 - When you create you Multi-View Block, use proper block for each display rep you use. > > Another way of doing it is to use the dimscale factor at insertion but ... the block wont resize when you switch the display
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

DanielHurtubise's reply is not applicable to Revit. It was probably based on either ACAD or ADT experiences. While defining tag family in Revit you are defining sizes of all text and labels exactly as they will appear when your project is printed. 1. Chose the size of label text font as you want it to appear when sheets are printed with 100% magnification. 2. You don't need to worry about changes to tags when view scale changes. On view scale change Revit makes automatic adjustment to keep tags the same size on paper. "DanielHurtubise" wrote in message news:23194687.1103121672441.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... >I assume that what you wanna create is a scale-dependant tag. > So here we go : > 1 - Create the block using fields or attributes like you want it at the > dimension you want it to appear in your plotted sheet. ie: 1/2" diameter > with 3/16" text. > 2 - Scale the same block from the scale factor you next wanna use it. ie : > scale 1/4" = 48 > 3 - Explode the block and re-create a new one named like this : block_48 > 4 - Do the same with all the dimension you wanna do > 5 - When you create you Multi-View Block, use proper block for each > display rep you use. > > Another way of doing it is to use the dimscale factor at insertion but ... > the block wont resize when you switch the display
Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

Thank you very much Leonid. "Leonid Raiz" wrote in message news:41c0699a_1@newsprd01... > DanielHurtubise's reply is not applicable to Revit. It was probably based on > either ACAD or ADT experiences. > > While defining tag family in Revit you are defining sizes of all text and > labels exactly as they will appear when your project is printed. > > 1. Chose the size of label text font as you want it to appear when sheets > are printed with 100% magnification. > 2. You don't need to worry about changes to tags when view scale changes. On > view scale change Revit makes automatic adjustment to keep tags the same > size on paper. > > "DanielHurtubise" wrote in message > news:23194687.1103121672441.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > >I assume that what you wanna create is a scale-dependant tag. > > So here we go : > > 1 - Create the block using fields or attributes like you want it at the > > dimension you want it to appear in your plotted sheet. ie: 1/2" diameter > > with 3/16" text. > > 2 - Scale the same block from the scale factor you next wanna use it. ie : > > scale 1/4" = 48 > > 3 - Explode the block and re-create a new one named like this : block_48 > > 4 - Do the same with all the dimension you wanna do > > 5 - When you create you Multi-View Block, use proper block for each > > display rep you use. > > > > Another way of doing it is to use the dimscale factor at insertion but ... > > the block wont resize when you switch the display > >

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report