Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does a Revit "Boundary" command exist in any form?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
map0fthew0rld
550 Views, 2 Replies

Does a Revit "Boundary" command exist in any form?

I'm curious to know if there exist a tool, command, plugin, script or some technique that would allow me to recreate a boundary effect similiar to the Boundary command in AutoCAD? Specifically, I am interested to know if this type of function or graphic representation can be utilized in the Interior Elevations views of the Revit model in order to create an expressed profile of elevation. I reviewed the "My First Plug-in Training" article on this forum and was really interested to know if something like that could be developed/created to add productivity improvements to the way my office handles graphic representations. Any help and suggestions are welcomed. I'm including a sketch of what I'm describing. 

Revit 2012

Windows XP Pro SP3

(Not sure what other info to include)

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

You are comparing 2 different things. In your sketch, the Boundary tool creates a boundary based on actual linework in the view. In your Revit example, you want a tool that creates a boundary based on a combination of objects of different nature: model items + the edge of the crop region. That is not possible and I don't think an API routine can do it either.

The only thing I can think of, is to place that view on a sheet, with the crop region on, and export the sheet to AutoCAD. Use the Bpoly tool in AutoCAD to create that form, and link that drawing back into Revit as a flat, drafting view.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 3 of 3

Thanks Alfredo. I will go that route and see what comes from it. I see your observation about creating a boundary from a set of lines vs. creating a boundary from a set of different elements, it makes a good point.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report