Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display Weirdness revit 14 Mac Retina with External monitor

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Flyguy202
663 Views, 3 Replies

Display Weirdness revit 14 Mac Retina with External monitor

Hoping someone has had a similar problem and found an answer. I have been drawing in Revit using Parelles on MacBook computers for many years - I never had much of a problem doing so. 

I have always used a dual monitor setup and for the lasst couple of years, mirrored the monitors. I took my Macbook Pro on a trip recently intending to do a little drafting using Revit The Retina display was locked up - i couldn't draw at all. Lots of reboots and display twiking didn't accomplish anything. On my return home, once I was connected to the exterior monitor, no problems. 

So I have experimented a little and found that without the external monitor connected, Revit kind of gets the shakes. There is a constant screen flutter or flash most evident in the two dropdown boxes in the status bar (don't know what these two boxes are called.) With a monitor attached - it runs like a champ.

Any ideas of suggestions would be appreciated. BTW, I don't think a bookcamp setup will help this and I don't think Parrells contributes to this problem at all.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
SilviaResende
in reply to: Flyguy202

I have the same problem!

does anybody knows how to fix it?!

😞

Message 3 of 4
rwmichel
in reply to: Flyguy202

I have a similar problem with new iMac 27" retina dispay.

Screen flutter in design options menu and worksets drop-down, and a refresh issue with tab icons in architecture, structure menus, etc.

Any solution?

Message 4 of 4
David_W_Koch
in reply to: rwmichel

This Autodesk Knowledge Network article may address your issue:  https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/revit-products/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles...

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report