Revit Architecture

Valued Contributor
s1623jn26
Message 1 of 4 (7,777 Views)

Difference Between Autocad and Autodesk

7777 Views, 3 Replies
06-13-2011 02:10 AM

Hi all,

Really i want to know What is Different Between Autocad Architecture and Autodesk Architecture. i can't undestand. comment please...

Regards

wahid

*Expert Elite*
DarrenP
Message 2 of 4 (7,764 Views)

Re: Difference Between Autocad and Autodesk

06-13-2011 07:01 AM in reply to: s1623jn26

do you mean Revit Architecture?

Valued Contributor
s1623jn26
Message 3 of 4 (7,730 Views)

06-14-2011 01:42 AM in reply to: s1623jn26

Yes sir..

Regards

wahid

bcthompson
Message 4 of 4 (7,715 Views)

06-14-2011 01:46 PM in reply to: s1623jn26

AutoCAD Architecture is a vertical of AutoCAD, meaning it's based on AutoCAD but has lots of goodies designed to make architectural work go more smoothly (or so some people claim :-)

Autodesk Revit Archtiecture is a completely different program from AutoCAD, and is built specifically for architectural BIM (building information modeling), although it can import and export the DWG files that AutoCAD uses.

A lot of folks like Revit better, because although AutoCAD Architecture has 'parametric' features like Revit, meaning that it's data-driven and you can change things like dimensions or materials by typing values into fields rather than having to draw everything, Revit just plain has more stuff for architecture and is more user friendly.

That's just my take on it though, other users might have good justifications for using ACA vs. Revit. I know a lot of firms hate Revit's detailing features and just import all their details from AutoCAD, but I've also heard that this method can cause a lot of headaches and that detailing in Revit isn't so bad once you get used to it...

Brendan Thompson, LEED Green Associate
AutoCAD Civil 3D 2011 Certified Associate

Autodesk Inventor 2011
Build 282 - SP 1

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
AMD Athlon II X2 260 3.20GHz
4GB Installed Memory

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Revit Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Revit helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Revit

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Youtube