Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference Between Autocad and Autodesk

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
arwahid.2010
48669 Views, 4 Replies

Difference Between Autocad and Autodesk

Hi all,

Really i want to know What is Different Between Autocad Architecture and Autodesk Architecture. i can't undestand. comment please...

Regards

wahid

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
DarrenP
in reply to: arwahid.2010

do you mean Revit Architecture?

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 5
arwahid.2010

Yes sir..

Regards

wahid

Message 4 of 5
bcthompson

AutoCAD Architecture is a vertical of AutoCAD, meaning it's based on AutoCAD but has lots of goodies designed to make architectural work go more smoothly (or so some people claim 🙂

Autodesk Revit Archtiecture is a completely different program from AutoCAD, and is built specifically for architectural BIM (building information modeling), although it can import and export the DWG files that AutoCAD uses.

A lot of folks like Revit better, because although AutoCAD Architecture has 'parametric' features like Revit, meaning that it's data-driven and you can change things like dimensions or materials by typing values into fields rather than having to draw everything, Revit just plain has more stuff for architecture and is more user friendly.

That's just my take on it though, other users might have good justifications for using ACA vs. Revit. I know a lot of firms hate Revit's detailing features and just import all their details from AutoCAD, but I've also heard that this method can cause a lot of headaches and that detailing in Revit isn't so bad once you get used to it...

Brendan Thompson, LEED Green Associate
AutoCAD Civil 3D 2011 Certified Associate

Autodesk Inventor 2011
Build 282 - SP 1

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
AMD Athlon II X2 260 3.20GHz
4GB Installed Memory
Message 5 of 5
hiralhitech

Autodesk is the company that develops Autocad, Autocad Civil 3D and so many others.

Autocad is used most for doing 2D drawings, detailing and recently for 3D modeling.

Autocad Civil 3D is most for civil purposes. You can develop highways (section views, profiles, speed test), pipelines, import topographic points and create surfaces, analyze volumes for cutting and filling material, and as you mentioned for storm analysis too.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report