Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Demo'd ACT not dashed in Revit 2012

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
jfer5
1156 Views, 3 Replies

Demo'd ACT not dashed in Revit 2012

In Revit 2012 the ACT pattern neither displays nor plots as dashed when it's demolished. I created a duplicate ACT type and loaded in a custom .pat file which displays as dashed. However, because the dashed pattern is now a type property, the ACT in question will show display as dashed regardless of the phase in view, so this workaround is useless for projects with multiple demo/reno phases (i.e. ACT demo'd in phase 3 of 4 displays as dashed in phases 1 & 2 as well)

Others have experienced this problem, which seems to be new to 2012, as well, but I have yet to hear of solution that isn't an equally awkward workaround. Does anyone have a better solution/is Autodesk aware of the issue?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
alan.quinn
in reply to: jfer5

I had a case like this the other day and it turned out the view range of the RCP was incorrectly set. Check it and make sure you change you ceiling type back to the out of the box and not the one you updated.

Hope this helps and thanks for posting.

Message 3 of 4
jfer5
in reply to: alan.quinn

Thanks for the suggestion. The ceiling lies between the cut plane and top of view, with no additional view depth specified - this seems logical, and I couldn't find a way to achieve a dashed grid pattern by messing around with the primary range or depth. I realize that Revit is treating the entire ceiling as an assembly, and therefore dashing the perimeter when the ceiling is demo'd, but this doesn't make for very clear drawings. 

I read that in 2011 this existed as a display issue but that sheets printed with the hatch pattern dashed, but with 2012 they do print as displayed. There are a number of posts related to this in various Revit forums but I couldn't find one here so thought I'd post it.

Message 4 of 4
alan.quinn
in reply to: jfer5

Would it be possible to share a portion of the file? Or, if you set up a new model with the two levels that surround the ceiling with the correct distance between them and copy in the ceiling (or just part of it). Don't forget to set the view range, view template (if any) and anything else that might be effecting graphics. Wrap it all up and attach it to this post?

Thanks,

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report