Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleting windows when changing from the palette properties in REVIT 2015

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
emilton
279 Views, 6 Replies

Deleting windows when changing from the palette properties in REVIT 2015

Hi,

I have an issue. We have a nice window family bank of windows that were created in REVIT 2013. When we upgraded to REVIT 2014, changing a window type or changing the window for another kind of window from the property palette it would still work. Now since we upgraded for the 2015version we can't. REVIT says it can't make Window type and deletes it !

Does anyone have a clue ?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
SteveKStafford
in reply to: emilton

It sounds like the window may be using a Reporting Parameter. There appears to be a bug in 2015 where reporting parameters fail to survive an upgrade to 2015. Try opening the family in 2015 first (family editor), flex some window parameters, then save the family to create a 2015 version. Try loading that family into the project and see if it starts to work again.
My other older self here: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/46056
Message 3 of 7
emilton
in reply to: SteveKStafford

Thanks Steve,

i've tried to update all the parameters, nothing happen.

I've identified the parameter that is causing the problem. When deleting it, everything goes according to plan.

My Next step is to remake that parameter, so that i do not have this "thing" happening again, but still, it uesd to work in the 2014 and 2013 versions of REVIT and i still do not know if this will be the solution.

Message 4 of 7
SteveKStafford

Was the offending parameter also a Reporting Parameter? If so then its the bug...

My other older self here: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/46056
Message 5 of 7
emilton

Not at all. It's a parameter that manages nested families in my Window that's the source of the problem.

so i've deleted it, and then i've recreated it and it works, but still it's an issue.

Message 6 of 7
SteveKStafford

Are they attempting to respond to the thickness of the host wall? I've run into the same problem with doors that use nested components. They use a reporting parameter to adjust in response to the thickness of the wall. In 2015 this no longer works properly (when the family is older and gets upgraded) and the frames "break" the family, but it's really tied back to the reporting parameter. Disable that and it works fine.

Message 7 of 7
emilton

Not at all. The parameter who caused the problem, was managing nested family in my window component. When i deleted it, and recreated it, every thing went ok. But still. it's funny that it doesn't work when upgrading from 2014 to 2015, but previous versions were okay.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report