Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Decal not showing up in Rendering?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
redgts
3212 Views, 3 Replies

Decal not showing up in Rendering?

Hello,

I am a somewhat of a newbie to Revit, got it about a month ago and have been working on an Architecture project for my Honors Architecture Design & Drafting Class. 

I had put a Matrix(You've seen the movie) Decal on one of my walls, and when I go to render it, all that shows up is Black and White figures.

I have tried to adjust the expsoure of the rendering, adjusted what type of lights I have installed on the cieling, their wattage power, their filter, and their type(Xenon for ex.), including their overall color. The rendering is set for Interior: Artifical LIghts at the low setting since I don't feel like sitting for hours waiting for a medium rendering to process.

If anyone could help me with this, it would be greatly appericated.

Thanks for your time

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
dzanta
in reply to: redgts

select the decal in the project, go to type selector, click edit type to get into the type properties, decal properties will show where it is looking for the image...check image file and location and path.

Dzan Ta, AEE, ASM, ACI.

EESignature

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Autodesk Community | Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | LinkedIn

Win 11 Pro/DELL XPS 15 9510/i9 3.2GHz/32GB RAM/Nvidia RTX 3050Ti/1TB PCIe SSD/4K 15.4" Non-Touch Display

Message 3 of 4
redgts
in reply to: dzanta

I have checked that and it seem to all be in order. I forgot to mention that when I rendered the model without a roof, I could see the matrix where I had placed it. Could it be someething else with the lights that I am just not getting? 

Message 4 of 4
brandon_francom
in reply to: redgts

I also have problems with having Decals showing up.  I have placed a decal in my current project file, and also in a new project file.  All I get in the current project file is a white rectangle, but in the new project file I can see the image.  Why won't it show up in the current project?  Both decals in both project files are pointed to the right location of the same image.    

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report