Revit Architecture

Message 1 of 4 (704 Views)

Decal not showing up in Rendering?

704 Views, 3 Replies
02-07-2013 07:42 PM

Hello,

I am a somewhat of a newbie to Revit, got it about a month ago and have been working on an Architecture project for my Honors Architecture Design & Drafting Class. 

I had put a Matrix(You've seen the movie) Decal on one of my walls, and when I go to render it, all that shows up is Black and White figures.

I have tried to adjust the expsoure of the rendering, adjusted what type of lights I have installed on the cieling, their wattage power, their filter, and their type(Xenon for ex.), including their overall color. The rendering is set for Interior: Artifical LIghts at the low setting since I don't feel like sitting for hours waiting for a medium rendering to process.

If anyone could help me with this, it would be greatly appericated.

Thanks for your time

Message 2 of 4 (681 Views)

Re: Decal not showing up in Rendering?

02-08-2013 01:03 PM in reply to: redgts

select the decal in the project, go to type selector, click edit type to get into the type properties, decal properties will show where it is looking for the image...check image file and location and path.

Message 3 of 4 (669 Views)

02-08-2013 03:30 PM in reply to: dzanta

I have checked that and it seem to all be in order. I forgot to mention that when I rendered the model without a roof, I could see the matrix where I had placed it. Could it be someething else with the lights that I am just not getting? 

Message 4 of 4 (552 Views)

04-29-2013 05:39 PM in reply to: redgts

I also have problems with having Decals showing up.  I have placed a decal in my current project file, and also in a new project file.  All I get in the current project file is a white rectangle, but in the new project file I can see the image.  Why won't it show up in the current project?  Both decals in both project files are pointed to the right location of the same image.    

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Welcome to the new Autodesk Community!
If this is your first visit, click here to get started and make the most of the Community. Let us know what you think of the new experience in the Community Feedback Forum.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Revit Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Revit helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Revit

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Youtube