Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DWG does not show up

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
dimi_christop
455 Views, 2 Replies

DWG does not show up

Hi

I am new to Revit and need to import some dwg files.

I cerate a empty project and try to import, all files (except one which import fine) show these error messages.

They dont show up in the Floor view. Only one dwg show up uppon import both in the Floor view and 3D view.
All other files show only up when "current view only" is selected but in this case dont show up in the 3d view or when imported having the 3D view active in which case they dont show in the Floor Plan view.

Thanks

Dimi

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
XeroPhane
in reply to: dimi_christop

Are you importing them all at once? Do any of them have 3D geometry that Revit does not care for? Do you have the option to explode the elements checked (don't do this)? Do they cover very large (>2 miles) areas? Do any of them have paper space content only? It might help if you could upload a couple of the dwgs for us to recreate the issue on our end. The error message is just saying that your project doesn't have a defined "origin" or that the two files have them inconsistently defined (long story). The warning is just telling you that Revit couldn't find anything suitable to import for you.
Message 3 of 3
dimi_christop
in reply to: XeroPhane

Hi

thanks for the reply. No I am imporitng them one at a time. They should only have 3D info on them. We want to use Revit to attach Bim info.

I am attaching some dwg files I am having problems with. The taco.dwg always shows up. The other two show up only in the 3D view. If you use the Import units to Auto-Detect they come in really small, therefore I override them to meters. But again they sho up only in the 3D view.

I am just learning revit, I am not sure if they just are placed out of view. But I relly zoomed out/in without success on the Level Views.

Thanks in advance

Dimi

Tags (1)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report