Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DETAIL ITEMS

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
wolverine01
1104 Views, 4 Replies

DETAIL ITEMS

hi, how can i create a detail item as family. couse what im doing now is drawng on the actual drawing and not insertc it as a family.

how can i do a detail item family?

thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
gustavomello
in reply to: wolverine01

You can create a detail component family.

Around here we are building a basic details library and putting all of them on a project file to be loaded in any project:

Here´s the workflow (WIP):

-create a detail component with a specific detail;

-on the "library" project, create a draft view with a meaningful name, in the same scale as the detail;

-load the detail component and place it on the draft view;

-dimension and annotate as needed.

When working on a new project use insert|insert from file|insert views from file and select the needed details.

Hope it helps,

Gustavo

Message 3 of 5
wolverine01
in reply to: gustavomello

thank you verry much. 

i was trying to do some linestyle and i couldn't is that posible? 

im happy with what i can do with the detail item.

thanks.

Message 4 of 5
gustavomello
in reply to: wolverine01

Yes, it's possible. I do all the time. Ideally you should create some linestyles that you will use allways inside your detail component families.

The best would be to create new family templates with those linestyles, but be careful when doing this because revit originally doesn't do this. Read this post on the subject with a workaround. Maybe you should create a basic detail component family (.rfa) not being a template and using it as a start point for new families, until you're shure the family and linestyles are ok.

Suggested, and not tested, workflow:

-create a new detail component family;

-create only the linestyles you think will fit your needs, with lineweights, colors and line patterns,

-save this family as a base for new families (note that this is NOT creating the family template);

-when creating a new detail component, open this base family and save it with a different name;

-create content as needed and save the family to your details folder;

-if you're using a library project as i suggested before. load the new family in it and annotate conform earlier suggestions;

-adjust your detail's linestyles inside the project if needed;

This way you can have better control of the appearance of your details per project, using the linestyle dialogs or the overrides by view. i assume this is what you want.

Hope my english is clear enough.

Gustavo

Message 5 of 5
wolverine01
in reply to: gustavomello

thank you very much.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report